Welcome to the Buildings & Grounds Department page!
The Buildings & Grounds Department of Orland School District 135 is responsible for more than 750,000 square feet of facilities that in include 10 elementary schools, a central service facility, the Chamber of Commerce building for the Village of Orland Park, and the Administration building for Districts 135 and 230. The Department is tasked with cleaning, performing maintenance to the interior, exterior and equipment of District-owned property and facilities. The Department is also responsible for maintaining over 105 acres of land, which includes landscaping, snow removal, playground maintenance and safety inspections, concrete repair, exterior electrical maintenance and more!
In addition to the maintenance of facilities and grounds, the department is also engaged in the following:
- Custodial operations
- Energy monitoring and conservation
- Recycling of building materials
- Training on new equipment and safety procedures
- Equipment upkeep and repairs
- Building security, keys, cards, camera monitoring and vandalism reporting
- Capital improvement projects (most are done in-house saving the district and taxpayers!)
- Maintaining the district mapping and blueprint filing system
- Fiber maintenance and installation
- Scheduling of all building rentals
- All building maintenance including deferred maintenance, project planning, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, security, etc. (almost every job is done in-house!)
Rick HansenDirector of Facilities, Operations, and Maintenancerhansen@orland135.org