Welcome to Meadow Ridge PFE (Parents for Education)!
Don't delay! Order your child's yearbook from TreeRing soon!
Get a record of your student's special school memories, friends and teachers with our 2022-2023 Meadow Ridge yearbook!
Click HERE to order now! If needed the TreeRing passcode for Meadow Ridge School is 1013881626251507.
What is Parents for Education?
Welcome to the 2022-23 school year at Meadow Ridge. We are looking forward to an exciting year full of learning and fun. You might be wondering what you can do to help make this the best school year for your child or children. Did you know that there is a way to help make the school experience better for everyone in which you can help when your schedule allows? Did you know that if you have a special talent in event planning or organization, you can assist this wonderful school with your specific talent? This amazing organization is the Meadow Ridge Parents for Education (PFE for short).
Meadow Ridge PFE works in conjunction with Orland School District 135 PFE to enhance the school experience for all students and staff. Meadow Ridge PFE meetings occur one Tuesday per month at 9:15am in the multipurpose room at Meadow Ridge. Zoom links and meeting agendas will be sent via email. Please email us at email@example.com with the subject line “Add to List” to be added to this contact list (members from last year please repeat this step so you are put on the 2022-23 contact list). At these meetings, we discuss fundraising initiatives, various functions at the school sponsored by the PFE and budgetary decisions. All it takes to be a part of this group is membership in the PFE. Membership is $15 per family. You can easily pay for membership in Skyward if you did not do it at registration or use our family membership form.
Even if you can't attend all meetings or events, your membership is greatly appreciated! Last year, the Meadow Ridge PFE supported a wide variety of items and events to enrich our school. Did you know that support from the PFE makes possible items like subscriptions to BrainPop, popcorn parties and other holiday party treats, Day of Play, science week night, family reading night, school assemblies and author visits to the school? If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org! New members are always welcome, we look forward to seeing you this year!
Be sure to keep up to date by following us on Facebook and Twitter at @Meadow Ridge PFE.
Thanks for your time,
Meadow Ridge PFE President
Simple ways you can help the PFE and Meadow Ridge School
- When shopping online use smile.amazon.com instead of just amazon.com every time you shop. Upon first login you will be instructed to choose your charity. Search for Parents for Education-District 135. If you use the Amazon app on your smartphone make sure you check your settings and set up Smile!
- Download the Box Tops for Education and scan any grocery receipt that contains a “Box Tops” product. These products include many Pillsbury, General Mills, Annie’s Organics, Paper Mate and more! If you are moving from one school to another make sure you update the school to receive earnings in your app. We do sometimes run classroom contests so after you scan your receipt click on the star to give credit to your classroom teacher!
- Shop at Market Day via marketday.com and search for Meadow Ridge PFE as your benefit school.
Amazon DPFE Smile (Money raised is split between all 10 D135 schools)
- Sign in to smile.amazon.com on your desktop or mobile phone browser.
- From your desktop, go to Your Account from the navigation at the top of any page, and then select the option to Change your Charity. Or, from your mobile browser, select Change your Charity from the options at the bottom of the page.
- Select "Parents for Education - District 135" as your charitable organization.
- Download Box Tops for Education
- Choose Meadow Ridge as your school
- Scan any receipt that contains a "Box Top" product (receipts must be scanned within 14 days)
- Classroom contests are run throughout the year, so make sure you click on the star to give your classroom teacher credit!
Email ListWe would like to have you on our email list!This will allow you to stay up to date on PFE meetings, events and more. To join our list please email:email@example.com with "Add to List" in the subject line.
What Does PFE Do?
* Funds assemblies for the student body
* Funds author visits to the school
* Provides treats for classroom parties
* Sponsors the Play-a-Thon/Day of Play
* Co-Sponsors the "One School, One Book" program
* Provides refreshments for Field Day
* Provided outdoor recess play cart
* Provides incentives for school store and character education
* Provides staff appreciation luncheon
* Creates the Meadow Ridge yearbook
How Can You Help?
* Join PFE! Only $15 per FAMILY
* Attend meetings - third Tuesday of the month at 9:15
* Support our fundraisers!
* Join a PFE committee