Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How will I know if it is an e-Learning day?
Q: What grades will participate in e-Learning?
Q: How does my child find out about the assignments or activities for e-Learning Day?
Q: How much time does my child need to spend in order to get credit for the e-Learning Day?
Q: What is the schedule for the e-Learning day?
Q: When are teachers available to interact with students and answer questions?
Q: What if my child had specials scheduled for the day?
Q: How does an e-Learning Day impact students with IEPs/504 plans and/or EL Services?
Q: What is the due date of the e-Learning modules?
Q: What if I need technical assistance?
Q: What if my wifi doesn’t work or I don’t have access to wifi?
Consider these questions when designing remote or e-learning experiences:
- How will a student know where to start?
- How will a student know what to do next?
- How will a student know when the work is successfully completed?
- How will the district know a student completed an activity?
- Review assigned work
- Complete your assigned work by the due date
- Ask clarifying questions when you need help or don’t understand
- Be respectful to yourself, teachers and peers
- Learning Targets (standards) should be clearly defined
- Lessons, activites, and tasks should be relevant and related to a continued learning progression
- Expectations should be clear
- Make remote learning activities available in a timely manner
- Be available at scheduled times to answer student/caregiver questions.
- Provide timely feedback on student work
- Communicate regularly with students
- Provide a range of meaningful learning opportunities that meet the needs of all learners
- Provide regular feedback to students on progress related to learning activities
The following is a guide for minutes of engagement in a remote or e-Learning experience:
PreK: 20-60 min./day Total. Recommended length of sustained attention = 3-5 min.
K: 30-90 min./day Total. Recommended length of sustained attention = 3-5 min.
1-2: 45-90 min./day Total. Recommended length of sustained attention = 5-10 min.
3-5: 60-120 min./day Total. Recommended length of sustained attention = 10-15 min.
6-8: 15-30 min. Per class, per day or 90-180 min./day Total. Recommended length of sustained attention = 15-30 min.
*All students should have the opportunity to redo, make up, or try again to complete, show progress, or attempt to complete work assigned prior to remote learning. The emphasis for schoolwork assigned, reviewed, and completed during the remote learning period is on learning, not on compliance.