Board Advisory Committees 2019-2021
Board Advisory Committees Selection Process
Below is a description of the process used to select individuals to serve on each committee:
- The initial formation of all five (5) Board Advisory Committees which consist of 30 spots (6 per committee) produced applications from 114 individuals.
- A blind screen of the applications was completed by assigning a unique number to each applicant.
- Applications responses identified by the unique number were scored by 1 Board member, 1 parent, 1 certified staff member and 1 administrator; the four scores were added together to determine a total score.
- For each committee, the total score for each unique number was sorted from highest to lowest and based on the applicant’s priority of serving on the committee.
- The final step included ensuring committee representation of various stakeholders (parent, community, and staff) from each boundary area of Orland.
- Notifications were sent via email to all applicants to let them know if they were or were not selected to serve on a committee.
- The data from this process will remain on file in the event an alternate is needed to serve on a committee.
The Board appreciates all interested parties for taking the time to complete the application and for their interest in serving Orland 135.
Board of Education Committees
- Centennial: Linda Peckham-Dodge
- Center: Michael Maratea
- Century Jr. High: Laura Berry and Sandra Kulak
- High Point: Sandra Kulak
- Jerling Jr. High: Michael Maratea and Tara Schreiber
- Liberty: Laura Berry
- Meadow Ridge: Devin Hodge
- Orland Jr. High: Devin Hodge and Dave Shalabi
- Park: Dave Shalabi
- Prairie: Tara Schreiber