Illinois Learning Standards
Common Core State Standards
"The Common Core State Standards Initiative is a state-led effort coordinated by the National Governors Association Center for Best Practices (NGA Center) and the Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO). The standards were developed in collaboration with teachers, school administrators, and experts, to provide a clear and consistent framework to prepare our children for college and the workforce…"
- Are aligned with college and work expectations;
- Are clear, understandable and consistent;
- Include rigorous content and application of knowledge through high-order skills;
- Build upon strengths and lessons of current state standards;
- Are informed by other top performing countries, so that all students are prepared to succeed in our global economy and society; and
- Are evidence-based."
- Common Core State Standards Website
- PARCC-Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers
- Next Generation Science Standards
- English / Language Arts Standards
- Mathematics Standards
- National PTA - Common Core Initiative
- Common Core Standards Webinar
- Common Core Standards PowerPoint Slideshow
- Presented June 2010 by the National Governors Association (NGA) and the Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO), this presentation provides answers to many of the difficult questions being asked by the public.
- ISBE / Common Core Incorporation of the Illinois Learning Standards with the Common Core State Standards
- Designed to provide understanding of what the Illinois State Board of Education has done in transitioning to full adoption of the new Common Core State Standards, this ISBE sponsored website has state-based information appropriate for teachers, administrators, parents, and the general public. Be sure to view the video (through the link below) on ""What Illinois Teachers [and Parents] Should Know About the Common Core Standards.""