The employees of Orland School District 135 are the most important resource in providing a quality educational program. The staff of over 725 teachers, assistants, custodians, secretaries, and others is a team whose first priority is to serve the needs of our students, families, and community. Human Resource Services is responsible for supporting the needs of these individual staff members throughout their employment in District 135.
The mission of District 135 Human Resources services is to contribute to the organization's success by maximizing the potential of staff members in helping students learn.
We are the Employer of Choice who does this by:
- Attracting a qualified workforce to support the mission and strategic plan of the school district.
- Communicating the District's mission so that everyone understands and knows how their job connects to it.
- Working with supervisors to ensure employees are meeting performance standards.
It is the goal of the Human Resources department:
- To recruit and select the best qualified candidates for positions within the District.
- To provide employees with information and assistance in order to be successful in their work.
- To promote employee growth and a climate for ongoing professional growth.
- To develop opportunities for employees to develop new skills and attain new levels of contribution.
- To provide for a climate in which optimum staff performance and satisfaction are produced.
- To celebrate commonalities and respect diversity as we work together to provide an effective and safe learning environment for students.
- To facilitate a team approach to education including staff involvement in program planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- To use personnel evaluation processes to provide feedback for improved performance and increased job satisfaction.
We encourage and appreciate your thoughtful feedback to help better serve your needs. Please feel free to contact us at the email address and phone number listed to the right of this page.