Obtaining a License
Information on becoming a
Substitute Teacher or Paraprofessional
Individuals seeking a position as a substitute teacher or substitute paraprofessional need to complete the following steps:
- STEP 1: Apply for a Substitute License
- STEP 2: Complete the items needed to be issued a Substitute Packet from the South Cook ISC
- STEP 3: Complete an online application for Orland 135
STEP 1: APPLY FOR LICENSE
Click on the link below based on the type of substitute license you are seeking.
STEP 2: OBTAIN SUBSTITUTE PACKET FROM THE SOUTH COOK ISC
- Complete all items of the Substitute Packet on the South Cook ISC website: click here for a packet of all 5 forms saved as one document
- Save all of the documents from the substitute packet as a PDF
- Once your license is issued, register your license with South Cook Region 07
- Save a copy of your Educator's License (ELIS) that shows your license and your registration with South Cook Region 07
- Save a copy of your valid government-issued ID (driver's license, state ID, passport, etc as a PDF
- Click here to schedule a background check fingerprint appointment with South Cook ISC. Fingerprinting is done by appointment only.
- To pay for your fingerprinting, obtain a money order for $60
For questions about completing the process above, contact the South Cook Intermediate Service Center at 708-754-6600
STEP 3: COMPLETE ORLAND 135 APPLICATION
- Click here to complete an Online application through Frontline AppliTrack
- Once your application is submitted, a member of the HR Team will contact you to schedule an interview.
*All SUBS must work at LEAST 1 DAY during each school year to remain active on our sub list.
Nancy Doyle, Substitute Coordinator