The STARS program will operate when in-person learning resumes. Please take a moment to review our Frequently Asked Questions Page for more information.
STARS is a high quality, district-sponsored program designed to provide safe, structured and nurturing before and after school care for students attending Orland 135 schools in kindergarten through eighth grade during the school year. The philosophy of STARS is for students to remain together with their peers before and after school where there are resources to reinforce learning from the school day, build on valuable social skills by having more interaction with friends from their school community all while staying active through a series planned activities and free play.
STARS Before and After School Care is available to students attending the blended on-site learning option. The STARS program must adhere to the guidelines set forth by ISBE, IDPH and the CDC necessary to ensure the safety of students, staff and their families.
School Age Program
- Offered to students enrolled in Orland School District 135 in kindergarten through eight grade
- 1 to 15 Ratio
- Easy transition to and from the school day
- Active and passive games, arts and crafts and homework time
- Healthy snacks provided daily
- Flexible scheduling for busy families
- Care during early release days (PL Days)
- No minimum attendance days - choose what works best for your schedule
- Offered to students enrolled in Orland School District 135 in kindergarten through eighth grade
- Designed to keep children engaged and having fun while school is not in session
- Snacks provided (students to bring a lunch)
- Assembly presentations and guest speakers
- Outdoor play (weather permitting)
- Available for families to use on the following days between 6:30 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
Parent-Teacher Conference Days (November)
Winter Break (not including holidays)
Martin Luther King Day
Casmir Pulaski Day
Spring Break (not including holidays)
Separate Registration is Required for Camp!