School Supply Kit Pick Up
Thursday, August 8
3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. @ Meadow Ridge School
* This is only for families that ordered on or before June 14, 2019. Not sure if you ordered? No problem! Email the PFE at email@example.com
Amazon DPFE Smile (Money raised is split between all 10 D135 schools)
- Sign in to smile.amazon.com on your desktop or mobile phone browser.
- From your desktop, go to Your Account from the navigation at the top of any page, and then select the option to Change your Charity. Or, from your mobile browser, select Change your Charity from the options at the bottom of the page.
- Select "Parents for Education - District 135" as your charitable organization.
The Meadow Ridge PFE pays for BrainPop access for the entire school. It is an excellent resource for students. Did you know that your student(s) can log in from home?! Just use the following username/password:
Welcome to Meadow Ridge PFE (Parents for Education)!
What is Parents for Education?
Welcome to the 2018-2019 school year at Meadow Ridge. We are looking forward to an exciting year full of learning and fun. You might be wondering what you can do to help make this the best school year for your child or children. Did you know that there is a way to help make the school experience better for everyone in which you can help when your schedule allows? Did you know that if you have a special talent in event planning or organization, you can assist this wonderful school with your specific talent? The amazing organization is the Meadow Ridge Parents for Education (PFE for short).
Meadow Ridge PFE works in conjunction with Orland School District 135 PFE to enhance the school experience for all students. Meadow Ridge PFE meetings occur one Wednesday per month at 9:15 a.m. in the foyer. At these meetings, we discuss fundraising initiatives, various functions at the school sponsored by the PFE and budgetary decisions. All it takes to be a part of this group is membership in the PFE. Membership is $15 per family, regardless of the number of children in the family, the number of schools in District 135 that you are attending or the number of parents joining.
Even if you can't attend all meetings or events, your membership is greatly appreciated! Last year, the Meadow Ridge PFE supported a wide variety of items and events to enrich our school and spent $24 per student. Did you know that support from the PFE makes possible items like subscriptions to BrainPop, popcorn parties and other holiday party treats, Play-a-Thon treats, all school assemblies and an author visit to the school? This year, we will be sponsoring the "One School, One Book" program in which every student and staff member will receive the same book as a way to encourage discussion among all students. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org! New members are always welcome, we look forward to seeing you this year!
What Does PFE Do?
* Funds assemblies for the student body
* Funds author visits to the school
* Provides treats for classroom parties
* Provides subscription for BrainPop
* Sponsors the Play-a-Thon
* Provides volunteers as needed to support school activities
* Sponsors the "One School, One Book" program
* Provides refreshments for Field Day
* Provided outdoor recess play cart
* Provides incentives for school store and character education
* Provides staff appreciation luncheon
* Creates the Meadow Ridge yearbook
* Fulfills teacher wish list items annually
How Can You Help?
* Join PFE! Only $15 per FAMILY
* Attend meetings - fourth Wednesday of the month at 9:15
* Support our fundraisers!
* Join a PFE committe