- Orland School District 135
Subscribe to the blog! Get an alert whenever there's an update! Log in to the website and click the subscribe button below (it will only appear when logged in to the website).
October 13, 2023Posted by Allison Kaleta on 10/10/2023
On October 10, the Board of Education met for the Committee of the Whole and Regular Board meeting, discussing the following topics.
- The District PFE had their raffle drawing for the Disney trip. Congratulations to ticket #1071 for winning the trip to Disney and to ticket #498 for taking home the second place monetary prize. Winners have been notified over email. Thank you to all who entered the raffle and donated to the PFE.
- The Emergency Connectivity Fund was discussed, which provides funding to schools for the reasonable costs of laptop and tablet computers for use by students and school staff at locations other than a school. The District received the Emergency Connectivity Grant which assists in the cost of buying said tablets and laptops. The purchase of 1700 student iPads and 294 staff MacBook Airs with the grant will be up for approval at the November Board meeting.
- The Fall MAP Data from 2023 was compared to the fall MAP scores of 2022 by Assistant Director of Curriculum Dana Karczewski.
- The results of the Emergency School Closure Survey that was sent to parents was discussed. 61% of voters are in favor of the e-learning day while 31% voted for the school to close and have a make up day at the end of the school year. 8% had no preference.
- Health Insurance Premiums were discussed. The medical insurance premium will increase by 6.87% and dental will increase 10%. The Board approved the increase in both plans.
- October is National Principal Month. Superintendent Bryk thanked all the Principals for all their efforts and a proclamation was read in appreciation from the Board.
- The Board of Education accepted a donation from Tommy’s Express Car Wash. Thank you to Tommy’s for supporting the students of OSD135!
September 11, 2023Posted by Allison Kaleta on 9/11/2023
August 14, 2023Posted by Allison Kaleta on 8/14/2023
July 10, 2023Posted by Allison Kaleta on 7/10/2023