Mayor McLaughlin visits Centennial School
Mayor McLaughlin listened patiently and answered every student’s question! Students were so excited to learn about their Mayor! After his visit, I asked the students what they’d learned from his visit?
- “His name is Mayor Daniel McLaughlin!”
- “He’s very nice”
- He wrote letters to leaders just like we did.. He likes writing, too!”
- “He likes dogs and he had a dog”
- “He has a family…four children and three grandchildren”
- “He loves Orland Park” He likes parks!
- "We're going to have a farm museum"
- "We have a history museum"
- "We can visit the first mayor's house.
- “He has two jobs! He loves being the Mayor of Orland Park”
- “He’s been the mayor for 24 years! “
- “He loves to garden and play baseball”
- “He helps to keep us safe”
- “He grew up in Oaklawn”
- “He loves animals”
- “I can be a Mayor too!”
This spring, all 2nd grade students will learn about the history of Orland Park and tour Old Orland, the History Museum, and the Hostert Cabins. Part of this ongoing study is learning about key people and places in our village.